Vegetable Rösti with guacamole cream
For the Rösti
- 8 large rainbow carrots, grated
- 2 large potatoes, grated
- 4 parsnips, grated
- 6 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 red onion, grated
- 2-3 tablespoons flour
- 1-2 teaspoons salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- oil, for frying
For the avocado cream
- 2 avocados
- 1 tablespoon vegan sour cream/coconut yogurt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- To make the Rösti, combine all the ingredients in a large bowl then mix well. Make sure you break up any clumps of flour (I find it best to use my hands for this).
- Heat a little oil in a deep frying pan then fry spoonfuls of the mixture until golden brown and crisp on both sides and cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and drain on paper towel. Repeat until all the mixture has been cooked.
- To make the avocado cream, blend all the ingredients together in a food processor (alternatively just mash with a fork) and season to taste.
- Serve the Rösti with the avocado cream.