Ah, Valentine’s Day. From candy and flowers to romantic dinners, what’s not to love? Share the love even more this year by celebrating Valentine’s Day compassionately with vegan chocolates and animal-friendly date ideas.
And find out why vegans may even smell better and are probably having better sex …
Why not start the party a day early? Check out our vegan Galentine’s Day pointers. Leslie Knope approved.
Need date ideas to impress that special someone?
Check out this FARM Buzz article on animal-friendly date ideas!
Our favorite is a romantic vegan cooking class (swoon).
Which one would your special someone appreciate?
So, do vegans actually ‘do it’ better?
There are studies that show the health benefits experienced on a balanced, plant-based diet improve your libido, smell, and even taste. According to this article, a vegan diet increases serotonin, blood flow, stamina and more. And in a study designed to test if people smelled better after going on a vegetarian diet, they found that they rated higher for both pleasantness and sexual attractiveness of their smell. Check it out here.
5 Galentine's Day Must-Haves
Fans of the hit show Parks and Rec know that every February 13th is Galentine’s Day. In the words of its founder, Leslie Knope, Galentine’s Day is, “Ladies celebrating ladies. It’s like Lilith Fair, minus the angst. Plus frittatas.” So grab your gal-pals and get to celebrating with these Galentine’s Day must-haves.
- Waffles: No one loves waffles more than Leslie Knope, but we’re prepared to give her a run for her money with this delicious recipe.
- Whipped cream: Once you have your waffles, you are going to need something to top them with. So check out this guide to store-bought vegan whipped cream, or try making your own!
- Frittatas: Obviously you’re going to need some frittatas! There are so many amazing frittatas you can make, like this one, or this one, or this one! Or you can veganize your favorite veggie frittata recipe by replacing the eggs with JustEgg. Give it a try.
- Drinks: Every Galentine’s day needs its drinks. From cocktails, to mocktails, to milkshakes, make something everyone will enjoy! And why not make it Galentine’s Day pink?
- Presents: Leslie gave her friends personalized 5,000 word essays on why they are so awesome and if you’re up for that task, great! We commend you! For the rest of us, a simple card and something (store-bought) to show you care will work. Check out the gift guide below for some ideas!
No Valentine or Galentine’s Day is complete without some chocolates. Check out these guides to your compassionate chocolate choices:
11 Vegan Date Ideas for Any Special Occasion
“So many special occasions throughout the year leave us looking for the perfect date ideas that fit into a cruelty-free way of life. That’s why we have compiled a list of 11 vegan-friendly date ideas to plan for any and every special occasion.” Check out this article here on The FARM Buzz.
The FARM Buzz’s Vegan Gift Guide
Exchanging gifts is a time-honored tradition many people participate in during the holiday season and beyond. As many vegans do, we try to live a cruelty-free existence while also working to protect the planet for ourselves and the animals. Following vegan values to cause no harm can make finding products and companies to support a time-consuming task. That’s why we created this easy-to-follow vegan gift guide that includes something for every vegan on your list, no matter the occasion or the budget. Check out this article here on The FARM Buzz.