SWEET POTATO PIE VII
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 1 hr 10 mins
Total: 1 hr 30 mins
Yield: 1 – 9 inch pie
The Sweet Potato Pie is a southern tradition that is a thick, creamy and not-too-sweet dessert. Recipe is very simple and quick to make. You can add various spices like cinnamon, ginger or nutmeg to sugar mixture to add a little spicy flavor.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked vegan pie crust
- 2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons “Miyoko” or “Follow Your Heart” butter, softened
- 2 large vegan eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup nut milk mixed with 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice to make buttermilk
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
sweet potatoes, butter , and vegan eggs. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, flour, and salt. Mix in spices if desired. Add to sweet potato mixture and stir well.
Mix together buttermilk and baking soda. Add to sweet potato mixture and stir well. Mix in vanilla extract. Pour filling into pastry shell.
Bake in preheated oven for 70 minutes, until set in center.
310.1 calories; protein 4.6g 9% DV; carbohydrates 47.3g 15% DV; fat 11.8g 18% DV; cholesterol 54.7mg 18% DV; sodium 373.7mg 15% DV.