SAUSAGE AND CORNBREAD DRESSING
Prep: 1 hr
Cook: 45 mins
Additional: 5 mins
Total: 1 hr 50 mins
Yield: 12 servings
- 2 (8 ounce) packages corn bread mix
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 16 oz. of vegan sausage ground or cut into small pieces without casings.
- 2 medium (2-1/2″ dia)s onions, chopped
- 2 medium (2-3/4″ dia) (approx 3 per lb)s apples, cored and chopped
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- ¾ cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup unsalted “Miyoko” or “Follow Your Heart” butter, melted
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Bake cornbread according to package directions. Cool and crumble into a large bowl.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook sausage until brown and crumbly, remove from the skillet but keep the oil in the pan. Add onions, apples and celery; cook stirring occasionally until tender, about 5 minutes.
Toss the cooked mixture and the sausage into the bowl with the crumbled cornbread. Stir in the vegetable broth and melted butter. Season with parsley, sage, thyme, rosemary salt and pepper. Blend well and press into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes.