RAW CASHEW “SOUR CREAM”
- 2 cups raw cashew pieces, soaked for at least 8-12 hours
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- the juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Soak the cashew pieces in the refrigerator for a minimum of 8-12 hours, up to 24, then rinse well under cold running water.
- Throw them in the bowl of your food processor along with the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth and creamy, which should take about 5 to 8 minutes. You might have to stop and scrape the sides 2 or 3 times.
- You can use this sour cream immediately or keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week.