Pumpkin Butter - Your New Fall Favorite
For more holiday recipes & resources
sign up for our e-News
Pumpkin, spice, and everything nice…this pumpkin butter is what fall dreams are made of.
- 1 (15 oz) can 100% organic pure pumpkin
- ½ cup apple cider or apple juice
- ⅔ cup (packed) light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- Heaping ⅛ teaspoon salt
Combine the pumpkin, apple cider (or juice), brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and salt in a medium, heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over med-high heat (because the mixture is so thick, it will be more like an active sputter). Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered with the lid just slightly ajar, stirring occasionally so the pumpkin butter doesn’t stick to the bottom, until thickened, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely, then transfer to a jar and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Make-Ahead/Freezer-Friendly Instructions: Pumpkin butter will keep in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks, or frozen for up to 3 months.
- If doubling or tripling the recipe, the cooking time will be a bit longer, about 30 minutes.