For the eggless filling
- ½ block extra firm tofu – pressed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce or Bragg aminos
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup soy or oat milk – or more, as needed
- ½ teaspoon each of garlic powder and onion powder
For the vegetables
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- ½ cup minced broccoli
- 1 minced green onion
For the vegan mini quiche cups
- 1 1.9 ounce package of vegan (most are) phyllo mini shells
Preheat the oven to 350° F.
Prepare the tofu filling
In your blender or food processor, break up the tofu and add the olive oil, soy sauce, Italian seasoning, nutritional yeast, and 1 tablespoon of soy or oat milk. Blend until smooth, adding more milk by the tablespoon, as needed, to get a smooth, creamy mixture. Transfer to a medium bowl.
Cook the veggies
In a small pan on medium-high, heat the oil, and add the garlic. Cook for a few minutes, until it softens. Then, add the broccoli and cook until it turns bright green.
Assemble the vegan mini quiche cups
Add the cooked broccoli and the green onions to the tofu mixture, stirring to combine. Then, fill the phyllo cups with the tofu filling. Arrange the cups in a single layer on a lined baking sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes, then let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
Recipe and Photo by Glue and Glitter