BUTTERY MASHED POTATOES
- 4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2-3 ounces of vegan butter
- 1 cup unsweetened and unflavored non-dairy milk
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Sea Salt
- Large pot
- 1 large fine strainer
We recommend peeling your potatoes.
Cut the peeled potatoes into large chunks and place in a large empty pot.
Add your chopped garlic and enough cold water to cover potatoes.
Bring water to a boil and cook uncovered for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
Drain the potatoes and garlic in a strainer and let sit for about 5 minutes.
Return your empty pot to the stovetop and warm your milk in it on a low flame.
Now return the drained potatoes and garlic to the pot.
Add your vegan butter and begin mashing by hand.
Season with salt and fresh pepper to taste and serve immediately.