BOD A BING BOD A BOOM BEYOND LASAGNA
Prep: 60 mins
Cook/Cool: 65 mins
Total: 2 hrs 5 mins
Yield: 8 Servings
- 2 pounds (32oz) Beyond Meat Plant Based Beyond Beef
- 1 package of Beyond Italian Sausage
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 10 cups of your favorite marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 box lasagna noodles (We recommend no boil Barilla noodles for ease and appearance)
- 16 ounces Vegan Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 pound (16oz) Vegan Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Vegan Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Remove casing from Vegan Italian sausage and chop up into small pieces.
In a large pot, brown the Beyond beef breaking it apart into small chunks and the chopped sausage until brown. Stirring occasionally. When the Beyond beef and chopped sausage is browned add in the basil, oregano, 2 teaspoons Kosher salt, crushed red pepper flakes and fennel seeds.
Stir until you start to smell the fennel seeds starting to toast then add 6 cups of the marinara sauce.
To your Ricotta add 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt and mix well.
Put 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking pan (I use one with straight sides for easy assembly and for added height. If you are using a glass baking pan with curved sides it may not be large enough to fit this quantity of food). Add the dried no boil noodles in an even layer, for me it was 5 noodles per layer, four across and one broken in half lengthwise to go down the side of the pan. Add 1/3 of the Mozzarella cheese, another 1 1/2 cups of the meat sauce, 1/4 of the mozzarella, 1/4 of the parmesan and 1/3 of the ricotta in spoonfuls dotting across the pan.
Repeat with the same noodle/cheese/meat sauce process.
Finally, add a top layer of lasagna noodles and generously cover with some of the left over marinara sauce. Cover with remaining Parmesan and mozzarella. Tightly cover with foil.
Bake for 45 minutes, then remove foil and bake for an additional ten minutes to brown the cheese.
Let cool for 20-25 minutes before serving.
Garnish portions with additional sauce and parsley.