Vegan Biscotten Torte
- 2 Packets Nice Biscuits (or and plain sweet biscuits/cookies) I used about 2+1/4 pkts for a large slice
- 1 cup (8 or 9 oz) vegan Butter room temp
- 3+1/2 cups Icing Sugar
- Kahlua approx 1/4 cup or (any coffee liqueur that is vegan or make a shot of espresso)
- 4 Tbsp Soy Milk
- In a stand mixer or using hand held, beat the butter to get some air into it and gradually add the sugar a 1/2 cup at a time and add the milk till it’s smooth and fluffy and well incorporated, chill in fridge for 30 mins.
- In a shallow dish add the Kahlua for brushing on the biscuits.
- On a flat surface put down enough foil to wrap the slice once you put it together, and start brushing each biscuit all over well but not soaking wet and lay a row of 2 or 3 biscuits down going across and as many biscuits going down length ways, keep going till you are happy with the size of the base of the first layer, spread a layer of cream over the first layer of biscuits being careful not to press too hard, then top off the cream with the next layer of brushed biscuits and alternate with cream and so on till you have the desired size of slice to suit you, Set in freezer till firm to wrap in the remaining foil. *I used a chocolate icing as that’s the way it was always made at home, However….
*I recommend making either a butter cream or an extra Vienna Cream (1+3/4 cup Icing Sug, 125gms Butter, 2 Tbsp milk) for the outside covering the slice as the icing can be quite sweet