SPICED HOT FRUIT BAKE
- 2 cup sliced apples
- 2 cups green pear slices
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (save the juice)
- lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp agave or honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 stick or 4 tbsp melted earth balance vegan butter
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil (this is optional but does give it more flavor and coating. Add 1 tbsp butter instead if you don’t have coconut oil).
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- In a large bowl, toss your fruit and add in 1-2 tsp lemon juice. Set aside.
- In another glass bowl, combine your melted butter, sugar, spices, and coconut oil.
- Add in honey and a little bit of your leftover pineapple juice as well.
- Add this sugar/butter mixture to your fruit and coat evenly.
- Pour fruit evenly in a 9×12 baking dish.
- Pour the leftover sugar/butter/oil mixture on top.
- baking for 1 hour.
- Add your nuts last.
- Mix fruit again and serve.
- You can also add your nuts in the last 30 minutes of the baking time if you prefer them hot and baked as well.
The coconut oil in this recipe will harden a little if you put this in the fridge for later, so be sure to reheat until it’s all melted again before serving.